Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Homecomming

Oh man another american teenage thing I know nothing about! It makes me feel absolute helpless to not know the correct social codes to help my girl through highschool, she pretty much have to figure it out and then tell me.  So, she tells me its formal and have something to do with football ok.. she spring that on me only a few days befor..  cool, there is no way I can buy her a dress that will be competetive with her high class schoolmates. I don't want to embarrasse her with Wallmart tag on her dress.  So...  only option is something designed... by me... I have TWO days off work and is recovering from a bad cold.  PANIC!!
Finally it hits me! I have a two piece dress in my closet that dont for me anymore.. the dress I made for my weddingdress.  It consists of a corset (that I by the way won first price in a contest with) and a loooong skirt. Both in Lilac. I feel horribel putting the scissors through it, but it's for my favorite girl so heck. The skirt is gonna become kneehigh and she actually grown into the corset, it fits her like it was made for her! I am going to add some black lace and wide shoulder straps from the leftovers of the long train skirt. Tomorrow it should be done. We are also trying out diffrent hairdos and makeups (woo!  She let me tweeze her bushy eyebrows! What a diffrents it made! From bushy to lil
lady!)
Theese pictures are from the first fitting today:



No comments:

Post a Comment